Are you looking to obtain a marriage license in the State of New York? You can apply for a marriage license at any muncipal clerk's office in New York State. The following information shall be provided to the municipal clerk at the time of appliation:
- Both parties must be present to apply for the marriage license
- Both parties must be at least 18 years of age (if under the age of 18, a consent form must be signed and notarized by both parents of the individual who is under the age of 18 -- click here to view NYS information)
- Original birth certificates with a raised seal
- Photo identification -- driver's license or a passport is acceptable
- Social security number
- If previously married, original divorce degree(s) or original annulment papers signed by a judge must be presented for each marriage ending in a divorce
- If previously married and the spouse is now deceased, an original copy with a raised seal of the death certificate must be presented
The license must be applied for a minimum of 24 hours prior to the ceremony and is valid for 60 days. The fee is $40.00
The license application process takes up to 30 minutes. Applicants are requested to arrive at the Town Clerk's office a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the close of the business day.
Effective Februrary 10, 2014
The current Town Clerk is a Marriage Officiant, and can be available upon request to perform your marriage ceremony.