Welcome to the Waste & Recycling Department
Address: The Town of East Bloomfield shares a landfill transfer/recycling station with the Town of Bristol. The transfer station is located at 3901 County Road 2 in the Town of Bristol. Town of East Bloomfield residents should drive south on Oakmount Road which turns into County Road 2 for approximately 6 miles, and the Transfer station will be on the east side of County Road 2.
As of March 14, 2015 due to regulatory and handling changes at the Town's transfer station, it has become necessary for a minimal fee to be appplied to appliances that require degassing or cooling agents removed prior to recycling due to an EPA regulation. The charge for this service will be $15.00. All other applicance and scrap metal will still be accepted at no charge. The no charge fee is still applied to the recycling of computers, monitors, and TV's. Older style large monitors and televisions (known as cathode ray devises) will not be accepted at the site. These require different methods for recycling and incur costs.
For more information regarding E-Waste
|Glass||-clear, green, and colored|
|Paper||-office paper, computer paper, school paper, junk mail, catalogs, magazines, fax paper, envelopes, phone books|
|Aluminum||-aluminum foil, cans, pie tins, empty aerosol cans (except those containing paints or pesticides)|
|Old License Plates||-defaced (paint over or cut in half)|
|Plastics||-numbers 1-7 (five gallon containers not accepted)|
|Gable Top Containers||-milk and juice cartons (remove lids), and juice boxes|
|Paperboard||-and cereal boxes, food packaging (no wax coatings), and gift boxes|
|Corrugated||-including clean pizza boxes|
|Textiles||- drop off at local transfer stations in dry, clean, and clear plastic bags|
|Cardboard||-break down cardboard into pieces no larger than 4 feet in width and length|
1. Separate all paper products from containers.
2. Mix paper products together (PAPER, NEWSPAPERS, PAPERBOARD, AND BOXBOARD). Remove pieces with food or wax coatings, break down cardboard to no larger than 4 feet. Use extra containers to put out paper products or use paper bags. Do not use plastic bags.
3. Mix containers, rinse, and remove lids.
- Do NOT bag loose paper, remove plastic packaging from mail promotions.
- Use CLEAR plastic bags ONLY for SHREDDED office paper and loose Styrofoam packaging peanuts.
- Transfer station patrons: please recycle regularly to avoid overload of materials that can overwhelm systems.
TRANSFER FACILITY HOURS
Hours: 8:00 AM----2:00 PM Saturday
|Fees: $4.00 per 33 gal. bag.|
Recycling, scrap metal, refrigerators/freezers
Please call Pratt’s Disposal 585-657-7769 with further questions
3901 County Road 2 (Oakmount Road) in the Town of Bristol